Friday, January 18, 2008

Clinton Ad Gets Some Magic

Clinton Ad Gets Some Magic

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Consider it a bit of advice from one hoops player to another.
In a radio ad for Hillary Rodham Clinton, Earvin "Magic" Johnson, the celebrated Los Angeles Lakers point guard, recalls his first year as professional basketball player.

"We won our first game on a last second shot," he says in the ad, now airing in South Carolina. "I was so hyped. But the captain of my team said, 'take it easy rookie, it's a long season, it's a long road to the championship.' He was right."

Johnson wants South Carolina voters to send the same message to Barack Obama, whose left-handed jump shot and sharp elbows have been known to attract notice in a pickup game.
Of course, it's all a metaphor for the presidency.

"Whether it's winning championships or a president who can lead us back to greatness, I'll always want the most prepared and experienced person leading my team," says Johnson, who has endorsed Clinton and campaigned with her. "That's why I'm asking you to join me in voting for Hillary Clinton for President.

No comments: