Wednesday, April 02, 2008

McCain: ‘No one has supported President Bush on Iraq more than I have.’

McCain: ‘No one has supported President Bush on Iraq more than I have.’

In recent days, Sen. John McCain has sought to distance himself rhetorically from President Bush’s foreign policy. But on right-wing radio talker Mike Gallagher’s show this past Friday, McCain struck a different tone, proudly declaring that “no one has supported President Bush on Iraq more than I have.” “Let me emphasize that there are many national security issues that I have strongly supported the president and steadfastly so,” added McCain.

Listen here:

Later in the interview, McCain reiterated that he has “agreed with the president on many issues,” though he said “there are some issues” they have not agreed on.

No comments: