Saturday, July 08, 2006

Bush: Solving Global Warming Debate

Bush Says He's "Solving" Global Warming "Debate"...
People.com Posted July 8, 2006 10:19 AM
READ MORE: George W. Bush, Al Gore, Global Warming

Could you and Al Gore ever be friends, like your dad and Bill Clinton?I don't know. I know that Bill Clinton and I have got a very good relationship. In 2 1/2 years I'll be a member of the ex-Presidents club. But I'm very busy these days. I've got a lot to do, and so I'm really not worrying much about my post-presidency. I have vowed that I will sprint to the finish line and use every moment I've got to achieve some big things.

Do you think Gore is right on global warming?I think we have a problem on global warming. I think there is a debate about whether it's caused by mankind or whether it's caused naturally, but it's a worthy debate. It's a debate, actually, that I'm in the process of solving by advancing new technologies, burning coal cleanly in electric plants, or promoting hydrogen-powered automobiles, or advancing ethanol as an alternative to gasoline.

Read the whole interview here.

No comments: